Thursday, December 15, 2011

Consolation From the Scriptures from July 2009 WT






Consolation From the Scriptures
Lorraine is strengthened by Jehovah’s promise found at Isaiah 41:10“Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.”
Álvaro says that the words of Psalm 34:46 often console him: “I inquired of Jehovah, and he answered me, and out of all my frights he delivered me. This afflicted one called, and Jehovah himself heard. And out of all his distresses He saved him.”
Naoya says that reading Psalm 40:1, 2 always comforts him: “I earnestly hoped in Jehovah, and so he inclined his ear to me and heard my cry for help. . . . He firmly established my steps.”
Psalm 147:3 reassures Naoko that Jehovah “is healing the brokenhearted ones, and is binding up their painful spots.”
Jesus’ words recorded at Luke 12:6, 7 help Eliz trust in Jehovah’s care: “Five sparrows sell for two coins of small value, do they not? Yet not one of them goes forgotten before God. But even the hairs of your heads are all numbered. Have no fear; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
Other Bible verses:
Psalm 39:12“Do hear my prayer, O Jehovah, and to my cry for help do give ear. At my tears do not keep silent.”
2 Corinthians 7:6: God “comforts the depressed.”—“New American Standard Bible.”
1 Peter 5:7“Throw all your anxiety upon [God], because he cares for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment